A co-worker sent me this link today.
I just gave it the once over… the verdict? It has several problems.
- Crafting sucks… boring, repetitive, and very poor payout until you hit high levels;
- Professions are wildly unbalanced;
- Takes forever to level up;
- The end game? Haven’t gotten there yet, but it looks like 90% of it is spent staring at walls. Boring…;
- It’s dang hard to find a decent group, and even harder to keep it together;
- Combat is way too twitchy;
- The economy… OMG, you thought EQ was bad…
- Loot tables need a major re-work;
- Most quests are repetitive, and don’t scale well for groups;
- The lousiest implementation of perma-death you can dream of.
This one was obviously released _way_ too early.
On the other hand, I don’t think I’m going to unsubscribe, nor complain too loud. Not sure I really want to know what a patch day might look like…